Ahmadiyyat / The Ahmadiyya Movement
A worldwide Movement striving in the peaceful service of Islam
The Ahmadiyya Anjuman Isha’at-e-Islam Lahore (The Lahore Ahmadiyya Movement for the Propagation of Islam) stands for the propagation of Islam to the four corners of the world by peaceful means, that is, through literary efforts.
The Founder of the Ahmadiyya Movement, Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad of Qadian, laid the foundation of this Movement at Qadian, a small village in India, over a hundred years ago.
A few years after the demise of the Founder, the Ahmadiyya Movement split into two groups, the Lahore branch and the Qadian branch. This website represents the beliefs of the former group.
The Movement was led by the following individuals after Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad:
- Khalifat-ul-Masih Maulana Hakim-ul-Ummat Noor-ud-Din
- Hazrat Ameer (I) Maulana Muhammad Ali, M.A., LL.B.
- Hazrat Ameer (II) Maulana Sadr-ud-Din, B.A., B.T.
- Hazrat Ameer (III) Khan Bahadur Dr. Saeed Ahmad Khan, Sitara-e-Khidmat
- Hazrat Ameer (IV) Prof. Dr. Asghar Hameed, Ph.D. (Edin., UK)
- Hazrat Ameer (V) Prof. Dr. Abdul Karim Saeed, MRCP(UK), FRCP(London), FCPS(Pak)